PRE-APPROVED NON-CENTER FOR DATA SCIENCE GENERAL ELECTIVE COURSES STARTING SPRING 2018
Below is a list of non-Center for Data Science electives that are pre-approved for Data Science graduate students starting in Spring 2018. Students wishing to take elective courses not on the list need to obtain approval. For approval, email the information below to Kathryn Angeles at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Course information
- Course syllabus
- Relevance of course to MSDS degree and goals
- If available, course website
Note that some courses have prerequisites, which are not listed. You will need to consult the department website for such details. Often a search on “NYU” + the course name will lead to details for the course.
- CSCI-GA 1170 Fundamental Algorithms
- CSCI-GA 2433 Database Systems
- STAT-GB 2302 Forecast Time Series Data
- MATH-GA 2751 Risk & Portfolio Management with Econometrics
- CSI-GA 2566 Foundations of Machine Learning
- STAT-GB 3383 Frequency Domain Time Series
- BIOL-GA 1127/CSCI-GA 2520 Bioinformatics & Genomes
- STAT-GB 2301 Regression & Multivariate Data Analysis
- INFO-GB 3391 Research Seminar: Data Science
- CSCI-GA 3033 Special Topics Computer Science: Statistical Natural Language Processing
- Spring 2018 LING-GA 3340.001 Topic: Deep Learning in Semantics
- Spring 2018 APSTA-GE 2062 Ethics of Data Science
PRE-APPROVED GENERAL ELECTIVE COURSES FOR FALL 2017 – AFTER FALL 2017, THIS LIST WILL NO LONGER BE VALID.
A list of electives that were pre-approved for Data Science graduate students in Fall 2017 and prior semesters can be found here.