An NRT-sponsored program in Data Science
Students in the medical track will complete the curriculum for the PhD in Data Science program. Students in this track will be able to take electives offered at the NYU School of Medicine and to work with faculty at the school. The elective curriculum will be customized in consultation with the student’s mentors to optimally correspond to the research area and mentor chosen. Possible electives are listed below.
- Bioinformatics (BMSC-GA 2604)
- Introduction to Health Informatics (BMSC-GA 4455)
- Methods in Quantitative Biology (BMSC-GA 4449)
- Advanced Integrative Omics (BMSC-GA 4498)
- Deep Learning in Medicine (BMSC-GA 4493)
- Next Generation Sequencing Informatics (BMSC-GA 4452)
- Proteomic Informatics (BMSC-GA 4437)
- User Centered Design for Health Informatics (BMSC-GA 4483)
- Evaluation Methods for Predictive Risk Models (BMSC-GA 4499)
- Fundamentals of MRI (BMSC-GA 4404)
- Practical MRI 1 (BMSC-GA 4427)
- Practical MRI 2 (BMSC-GA 4428)
- Medical Imaging (BMSC-GA 4426)
Moreover, rotations will be offered with faculty at the School of Medicine.