- ADEPTMIND FELLOWSHIP, Phu Mon Htut (2017)
- CAPITAL ONE FELLOWSHIP, Caleb Lewis (2018), Tatenda Ndambakuwa (2018), Yada Pruksachatkun (2018), Nabeel Sarwar (2018)
- CDS MEDICAL FELLOWSHIP, Lavendar Yao Jiang (2021), Yanqi Xu (2021)
- DEEPMIND FELLOWSHIP, Etienne Dejoie (2017), Yassine Kadiri (2017), Hollis Nymark (2017), Ksenia Saenko (2017), Deja Bond (2018), William Falcon (2018), Micaela Flores (2018), Chris Ick (2018), Sheetal Laad (2018), Angela Lai (2018), Trevor Mitchell (2018), Irina Espejo Morales (2018), Esteban Navarro Garaiz (2018), Laureano Nisenbaum (2018), Nyla Ennels (2019), Khasi-Marc Jamieson (2019), Aishwarya Kamath (2019), Polina Kirichenko (2019), Lakshmi Menon (2019), Travis Trusty (2019), Sanae Lotfi (2020), Boyang Yu (2020), Lily Zhang (2020), Akram Reshad (2021), Joseph Stansil (2021), Kathleena Inchocho (2022), Mary Nwangwu (2022)
- DEVRIES FELLOWSHIP, Jing Ping (2013), Joseph Sloan (2017), Mohamed Saad Lahlou (2017), Calliea Pan (2018), Dieter Erben Vasconcelos (2018), Alene Rhea (2019), Chinelo Ibekwe (2021), Sasha Richardson (2022), Muqiao Cui (2022)
- GOOGLE PHD FELLOWSHIP, Nan Wu (2020)
- NATIONAL DEFENSE SCIENCE & ENGINEERING GRADUATE FELLOWSHIP, Samuel Stanton (2018)
- NATIONAL SCIENCE FOUNDATION GRADUATE RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP, Wesley Maddox (2017), William Falcon (2019), Michael Hu (2022), William Merill (2022)
- NYU URBAN DOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP, Chris Ick (2020)
- WARNER MUSIC GROUP FELLOWSHIP, Matthew Agard (2020), Pedro Galarza (2020), Sasha Richardson (2021)
Muqiao (Ivy) Cui, CDS De Vries Fellow
Muqiao was born in Anshan, China and moved to New York 6 years ago. She had several personal delays in her pursuit of her education, however, she finally earned her undergraduate degree at Baruch College majoring in Statistics and Quantitative Modeling and minoring in Mathematics. She keeps her dreams alive and wishes to show women’s power in the area of data science and to inspire more women to join the field. She is excited to have the opportunities to learn about and research AI and data science in the upcoming 2 years. Muqiao loves playing the piano, dancing, and traveling.
Lavendar Jiang, CDS Medical Fellow
Lavender Jiang is a senior at Carnegie Mellon, majoring in Electrical and Computer Engineering and Mathematical Sciences. Lavender Jiang is interested in geometric deep learning and its application in healthcare. In the past, Lavender had the pleasure of working on signal processing, neuroscience and robotics projects with Prof. José M.F. Moura, Prof. Pulkit Gover and Prof. Howie Choset. In her free time, Lavender enjoys cooking, bouldering, and playing video games.
Sarah Richardson, CDS Warner Music Fellow
Sasha Richardson grew up in Jamaica and moved to the USA to attend college at 16. In 2021, she graduated magna cum laude from Fayetteville State University of North Carolina with a B.S. in Computer Science. As an undergraduate student, Sasha loved to explore knowledge in different areas of Computer Science, participating in research in bioinformatics, natural language processing, machine learning, and robotics. She also worked as an undergraduate learning assistant for the Introduction to Computer Science course. When she is not working or studying, she is spending time reading, being with family, and enjoying the outdoors.
Lily Zhang, CDS DeepMind Fellow
“It’s an honor to be awarded the DeepMind Fellowship, and I’m especially excited to be joining such a vibrant, interdisciplinary community at CDS.”- Lily Zhang, CDS DeepMind Fellow 2020
Boyang Yu, CDS DeepMind Fellow
“I’m so excited and grateful to be awarded the DeepMind Fellowship. The best thing about joining a supportive and inspiring community, such as CDS, is that we never run out of brilliant ideas. Just keep an open mind when going deep with data science.” — Boyang Yu, CDS DeepMind Fellow 2020
Khasi-Marc Jamieson, CDS DeepMind Fellow
Born in Kingston Jamaica, Khasi-Marc graduated from Vassar College in 2016 with a Double Major in Mathematics and Economics. During his undergraduate studies Khasi-Marc focused my research on the impact of highly skilled and educated immigrant workers on the US economy. After graduating from Vassar College, he spent three years teaching Middle school Mathematics and Computer Science in Brooklyn, New York. He is thankful and excited for the opportunity to study at NYU thanks to the DeepMind Fellowship and intends to channel his passion for mathematics and programming into a career in data science.
Aishwarya Kamath, CDS DeepMind Fellow
Aishwarya is originally from Goa in India and grew up in Dubai, U.A.E, where she completed most of my school education. She obtained her bachelor’s degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering at Manipal Institute of Technology In India.
Towards the end of her bachelor’s, she developed an interest in machine learning and was delighted to be accepted into the Computer Science Masters program at the University of Massachusetts Amherst. There, she had the privilege of working with Professor Andrew McCallum, and with his support, she began exploring research in the field of natural language processing.
After graduating from UMass, she decided to experience working in industry and have been at the Machine Learning Research Group at Oracle Labs for the past year. In her capacity as a Machine Learning Engineer, she has been exposed to several interesting paradigms that are unique to industry and it has broadened her perspective on challenges in deploying machine learning algorithms in real environments. In the meanwhile, she continued to work on research projects and applied to PhD programs. She was thrilled to be accepted into the CDS PhD program at NYU and extremely honored and grateful for the DeepMind fellowship.